Well, I've been bugging Brandon for months to help me get on our old blog - thecoloradoscotts.blogspot.com, but it hasn't happened yet so I'm just starting a new one! Too much time is slipping by for me to keep waiting. I'm already afraid of forgetting so much about Breck's childhood!
Hard to believe, but Breck will be 5 in less than 2 weeks and going to kindergarten this fall. He's growing up so fast. He used to just light up when I picked him up at day care and run to my arms for a big hug, but in the last probably month or so, he's very casual about it and even gets mad if I pick him up too early before he's had time to go outside for the second outside time. Guess, he's not my little baby anymore. Just in time to start again with a new one in just 3 months. I'm not sure I'm ready for sleepless nights again, but it comes with the territory.
Breck is in his second year of ski lessons and is doing great with the Breckenridge Bombers. He even did a blue run last week. If I ever get on skis again, I have no doubt he'll be better than me in no time. We're getting him back into soccer this spring, giving Pride Soccer a chance. We also want to get him swimming on his own before summer so I bought a Groupon for Donna's Dolphins. Hopefully he progresses faster with them than he did in several sessions at the Y.
Breck Sayings
"You're not the boss. Obama is."
"You're little missies" - his latest insult when he's mad at me or Daddy. I guess he picked it up at preschool.
2012 Round Up
I guess since I didn't post since January of 2012, I need to do a quick round up of the highlights of 2012 - at least what I can still remember.
Career Change - I left the City of Colorado Springs in July after a final hurrah of running the Joint Information Center for the Waldo Canyon Fire. I don't think I'll ever forget that experience.
I started my teaching career that summer by learning under a mentor teacher in July and then starting as third grade teacher at Sand Creek Elementary in August. This year is flying by and I'm definitely looking forward to being a second year teacher. Being a first year teacher is really hard, especially without the benefit of having a year student teaching under my belt. Talk about feet in the fire. The TCAP reading tests are less than 2 weeks away, which is nerve racking. I have some challenging students in my class both on the academic side and behavior side, but I am truly enjoying it (most of the time!). I don't miss City politics at all for sure!
2012 Summer Vacation
We parted from our usual Grand Lake 4th of July vacation this year and tried out Telluride instead. It was supposed to be for 4th of July week but got postponed to early August b/c of the fire. It was a quiet week in Telluride so we just enjoyed some family time, including with the dogs. Breck loved riding the gondola btwn Telluride and the mountain top area. It was a relaxing trip and we're glad we saw that area once, but I don't know how soon we'll go back there. It's a long trip and we were under-impressed with the town compared to its reputation. Lots of photos on my Facebook page if you're interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment