Bryn turned one week old last night. She has been a very good baby so far -- still sleeping more during the day than at night but that should start to change as she gains more weight and eats more at one sitting. The biggest challenge for me has been to take it easy - something I never do well but I am trying. Brandon is sure getting a crash course in how much housework I normally do since he's having to pick up the brunt of it now.
Breck loves being a big brother but it's still been an adjustment for him. He's getting yelled at more than usual as he's still learning what is okay and what isn't with a baby around, so he's been a little more sensitive than usual. We're trying to show him lots of love to make him feel secure. Grandma and Grandpa Scott will arrive today and Breck is very excited to see them. He loves play time with Grandpa and we wish they lived closer so it was more often.
Bryn looks a lot like Breck did as a newborn, just with darker hair - and more of it. It will be interesting to see if she will end up with any curls. Right now it's very straight and fine.
I will try to get some photos posted later today. I need to pull them off my phone and Brandon's.

No comments:
Post a Comment